Many people who are living with a mental health concern also live with an addiction. Sometimes, it can be hard to know which condition happened first. Clients living with addiction and mental health concerns need support staff who understand issues such as cravings, withdrawal, and risk for overdose.
- Conceptualize what a substance use disorder (addiction) is
- Discuss different theories of substance use disorder
- Discuss, and understand the difference between substances
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of how drugs work on the body
- Understand the role of support workers with individuals with an addiction
- Identify and discuss personal attitudes towards addiction