Because support workers often spend the most time with clients of anyone on the team, it is important they have a good general knowledge of common mental health concerns. Understanding how people live with anxiety, depression and other concerns will help the support worker be present for clients in a way that is effective and safe.
- Conceptualize and describe mental health concerns
- Discuss biological theories of mental health
- Discuss social theories of mental health
- Have a basic understanding of types of mental health concerns
- Have a basic understanding of the treatment of mental health concerns
- Understand the role of support workers in mental health settings