Because support workers often spend the most time with clients of anyone on the team, it is important they have a good general knowledge of common mental health concerns. Understanding how people live with anxiety, depression and other concerns will help the support worker be present for clients in a way that is effective and safe.
- Conceptualize and describe mental health concerns
- Discuss biological theories of mental health
- Discuss social theories of mental health
- Have a basic understanding of types of mental health concerns
- Have a basic understanding of the treatment of mental health concerns
- Understand the role of support workers in mental health settings
Classes are online, live interactive, 10:25am to 12:10pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, starting Monday July 5th, 2021. The last day of class is Friday August 13th. This zoom link will be used continuously for this course, at this time, for the duration of this term.