Students will gain specific theoretical and practical knowledge to support people living with mental health concerns across the lifespan. By understanding the unique challenges that humans face in different psychosocial stages of development, support workers will be in a position to support clients effectively based on their unique life stage.
- Understand the different mental health needs of humans across the lifespan
- Describe and discuss mental health needs of the pregnant and new parents
- Describe and discuss mental health needs in early childhood
- Describe and discuss mental health needs in adolescence & young adulthood
- Describe and discuss gender specific mental health concerns
- Describe and discuss mental health needs in older people
0% Complete 0/1 Steps