What if your personal choices mattered less when it came to your health, than factors such as the impact of our environment and socioeconomic status? Support workers should understand the way that factors that might be outside of a client’s control impact their physical and mental health. This includes the impact of poverty, the availability of food and more.
- Describe /Demonstrate an understanding of the social determinants of health
- Describe the impact of poverty on health
- Describe the impact of the environment on health
- Describe the impact of occupations on health
- Discuss how support workers can help clients influence their determinants of health
- Describe how health is a human right