Many people live with severe mental health conditions which last their entire lifetime. These can include but are not limited to schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder and depression. Psychosocial rehabilitation involves understanding a pStudents will be introduced to the basic concepts related to psychosocial (psychiatric) rehabilitation. This will include a general overview and definition of key terms, concepts, challenges, values and practices. Key concepts addressed will include psychosocial / psychiatric rehabilitation, person-centred care, the aims and values of psychosocial rehabilitation, and providing effective services for people experiencing severe mental illness.
- Demonstrate an understanding of psychiatric rehabilitation
- Demonstrate an understanding of severe and persistent mental illness
- Understand the role of support staff in psychiatric rehabilitation
- Understand the goals, values and principals of psychiatric rehabilitation
- Understand health & wellness for individuals with a severe and persistent mental illness
- Understand employment for individuals with a severe and persistent mental illness