This course is the first section of a 2-part module on Harm Reduction. Students will receive a general overview of the principles of harm reduction, interpersonal approaches, and specific focus on harm reduction related to alcohol, cannabis and illicit substances. This course is intended to help students develop the knowledge to work in settings that implement principles of harm reduction, and to provide leadership skills in a support worker role.
- Understand and describe basic principles of harm reduction
- Discuss the ethical values and history of harm reduction
- Demonstrate an understanding of interpersonal approaches in harm reduction
- Understand and describe harm reduction approaches for alcohol use
- Understand and describe harm reduction approaches for cannabis use
- Understand and describe harm reduction approaches for illicit substances use