Support work in child and family welfare systems is complicated. The purpose of this course is to prepare students with an introductory knowledge of child welfare systems in a Canadian context. This is part 2 of a 2-part course. Beginning with an overview of child protection principles, students will learn about the disproportionate consequences of systems for Indigenous people, immigrants and women, in addition to their roles & responsibilities as child & youth care workers.
- Social work with Indigenous peoples 1
- Social work with Indigenous peoples 2
- Introduction to social work with women
- Promoting mental health through social work
- Social work and gender diversity
- CYCW roles and responsibilities