The experience of trauma is one of the leading mental health concerns in Manitoba and beyond. In most life concern scenarios, there is an incident of trauma, or trauma is somehow related to the client case. Helpers require an introduction to, and understanding of how to apply evidence-based approaches in working with people who have experienced trauma. In this course, students will learn the basic principles and applications of trauma counselling which can be applied to a variety of life concerns.
- Understand the general principles of trauma
- Describe and discuss signs and symptoms of trauma
- Describe and discuss trauma in childhood
- Describe and discuss principles of exposure therapy
- Describe and discuss principles of cognitive behaviour therapy
- Describe and discuss principles of acceptance and commitment therapy