Dialectical behavior therapy is a gold standard psychological treatment for people living with borderline personality disorder, however, the basics of DBT are widely applied by many helping professionals for many life concerns. In this course, students will learn the basic principles and applications of DBT which can be applied to life concerns such as the experience of strong emotions, anger management, and self care.
- Understand the general principles of DBT
- Describe and discuss the application of DBT
- Demonstrate the use of DBT in mindfulness
- Demonstrate the use of DBT in distress tolerance
- Demonstrate the use of DBT in emotional regulation
- Demonstrate the use of DBT in interpersonal effectiveness