Students will be introduced to additional concepts in harm reduction. This will include a general overview of primary and secondary prevention, harm reduction and mental health, risk reduction strategies for HIV/AIDS transmission, tobacco use, and special and vulnerable population, as well as harm reduction policy.
- Understand and describe harm reduction approaches for high-risk sexual behaviour
- Understand describe harm reduction approaches for HIV
- Understand and describe harm reduction approaches for tobacco use
- Discuss the importance of cultural considerations in harm reduction
- Understand and describe considerations for mental health and harm reduction
- Understand and describe policy considerations for harm reduction