Harm reduction (HR) is based on human rights and does not require that people stop using substances or change their behaviour. In part 2 of this 2-part overview, students will gain knowledge related to HR for people engaged in high-risk sexual behaviour, for people living with HIV, and for tobacco use. Additionally, students will learn about cultural, mental health and policy considerations in HR.
- Understand and describe harm reduction approaches for people living out high risk sexual behaviour
- Understand and describe harm reduction approaches for people living with HIV
- Understand and describe harm reduction approaches for tobacco use
- Discuss the importance of cultural considerations in harm reduction
- Understand and describe considerations for mental health and harm reduction
- Understand and describe policy considerations for harm reduction